Social CommitteeThe purpose of the Social Committee is to foster a cohesive community by organizing fun, interesting events for the entire community so neighbors can meet and socialize with each other. While we attempt to plan a full-subdivision event each quarter, we also encourage the formation of small groups within the neighborhood to meet the needs of all our residents.
The Social Committee has a suggested membership of at least three people, but functions best with a much larger membership. The ideal situation is to have enough members that each can choose one or two events to be involved with during the year, rather than just a few people being involved with everything. The responsibilities of the committee include:
- Brainstorm ideas for association social events & plan events for the year in advance
- Create an annual budget with an estimated coast for each actual event
- HOA funds can only be used for events which are all-inclusive of the community members. They may not be used for small group activities.
- Report planned events to the Communication Committee for notification to the neighborhood
- Execute planned events
- Submit a newsletter article each quarter to the Communication Committee
- Report activities to, and work at the direction of, the HOA Board of Directors
Community-wide events that have been held include neighborhood garage sales (advertising is provided by the HOA), Family BBQ and Pool Parties, Independence Day Parades, Fall Festivals, and a Winter Holiday party. Individual streets host block parties for National Night Out.
Small group activities which have taken place in Northridge include numerous ladies' Bunco groups, playgroups for families with young children, and a supper club. We are always open to new suggestions for activities in the neighborhood.
If you are interested in joining this group, want more information about it, or have questions regarding a specific event or small group (bunco, playgroups, etc.), please email Social Committee "Click Here". Be sure to check the Current Information and Calendar pages for up-to-date information on social activities in Northridge.
If you have any opinions or concerns about your HOA please send an email to Feedback "Click Here".